How to pack – saving time and money
Charters Towers Self Storage stock a range of packaging supplies that will help protect your goods whilst in storage.
- large cartons (often referred to as removal cartons or tea chests)
- small cartons (referred to as book/wine cartons)
- plasma screen cartons
- archive boxes
- packing paper
- acid free tissue paper
- packaging tape and dispenser guns
- marking pens
- furniture covers for king, queen and single mattresses
- dining chair covers
- covers for single and 3 seat lounge chairs
Fill all cartons to capacity. A bulging or partially filled carton is awkward to stack in a storage space. BIG IS NOT ALWAYS BEST. For example heavy items like tools or books should be packed into small cartons so they are easy to lift. Books should be packed flat, not on their spines. Packing and labeling cartons room by room makes the unpacking much easier.
Cover all furniture with plastic sheeting.
Avoid stacking or leaning furniture against the outside walls.
If you stand mattresses on their side, “prop” them up so they stand straight. They may tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy.
Breakables – kitchenware, glassware
Drain water from washing machines and hoses. Tape hoses to the back of the machine.